Are you among those married women who struggle to get pregnant? After trying for months, it is normal to feel frustrated as your attempt to conceive seem futile. Many couples who experience fertility issues do not know that an imbalance in hormones is a common source of these issues. So, how to treat hormonal imbalance to get pregnant?
If both partners receive the proper evaluation and treatments for any hormonal imbalances, this can help them get pregnant quickly, sometimes even within weeks! But how do you know if you have a hormonal imbalance, and how can you treat it?
Let’s dig in and explore everything you need to know so you can live a healthy life with your healthy family. We will not only discuss how to treat hormonal balance but also recommend some natural supplements and treatments you can choose to treat hormonal imbalance.
What is Hormonal Imbalance?
Hormonal imbalances occur when a person’s hormones are not functioning correctly. There are different types of hormones in human body, such as estrogen, testosterone, insulin and progesterone. Hormones are released by the endocrine glands to regulate vital body processes such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and mood.
Many of the body’s functions are determined by the correct balance of hormones, such as metabolism and appetite, reproduction, hormonal birth control, your skin’s oil balance and cell regeneration; these aspects of our physiology all depend on a healthy level of hormone production and release into our systems.
When the hormones are out of balance, it is called hormonal imbalance. If hormonal imbalance is not treated, it can lead to serious health problems, including infertility and miscarriages.
People with medical background know that fertility hormones like Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH), Luteinizing Hormone (LH), and othre thyroid hormones are extreted by the pituitary gland in both genders and are responsible for maintaining different functions and preventing problems like irregular menstrual cycles.
Studies show that hormone imbalances disturbs everything, including pregnancy, and that’s why you should not take hormonal imbalance lightly.
Causes of Hormonal Imbalance
There are different causes of hormonal imbalances, including:
- Stress: Stress can cause an increase in the production of cortisol, which can mess with the other hormones, causing a hormonal imbalance.
- Insufficient Sleep: Not sleeping enough or having an irregular sleep pattern can disrupt the body’s hormonal levels.
- Poor Diet: Eating an unhealthy diet can cause hormonal imbalances.
- Aging: As women age, their hormone levels can change and affect the body.
- Medication: Taking certain medications can cause an imbalance in the body’s hormones.
Signs of Hormonal Imbalance Hindering Pregnancy
When a woman is not getting pregnant, it doesn’t mean that she has hormonal imbalance problems. It might be the case that her husband might be having hormonal issues as well. So, to find out exactly who has hormonal imbalance, here are the hormonal imbalance symptoms that each gender will show:
Signs of Hormonal Imbalance in Women
Below are some signs and symptoms of hormonal imbalance in women.
- Disturbed menstrual cycle: Irregular or missing periods, heavy bleeding, etc.
- Feeling pain during sex
- Mood swings, depression and anxiety
- Acne on the face and chest
- Vaginal dryness and itching
- Weight Gain
Signs of Hormonal Imbalance in Men
We all know that testosterone is the main hormone responsible for sperm production in men, and a hormonal imbalance in men can affect sperm cells production. Study shows that males are less prone to infertility as compared to females, but habits like smoking or consuming alcohol can increase the risk of infertility.
So, males can also have hormone imbalance, which is why the female partner is not getting pregnant.
Here are a few signs of hormonal imbalance in men:
- Low libido
- Erectile dysfunction
- Slow hair growth
- Loss of muscle mass
- Lower chest fat
- Reduced concentration
These are some common signs of hormonal imbalance between men and women. If one or both partners have these signs in themselves, they are more likely to be responsible behind the woman not getting pregnant.
Other than looking for these signs and symptoms, it is better to go for a medical check-up. Options like blood or urine tests can easily help diagnose hormonal imbalances.
How to Treat Hormonal Balance to Get Pregnant?
At this point, you are sure about how to know if you have a hormonal imbalance problem; so what is the next thing? Well, here are some ways to treat hormonal imbalance and get pregnant:
1. Change Your Diet
A healthy body is the result of a healthy diet. It is essential to take a balanced and nutritious diet, rich in vitamins and minerals, to treat hormonal imbalance. Eating organic foods like fruits and vegetables can be beneficial for hormonal balance and avoiding processed foods and chemicals.
Learn more about the relationship between diet and hormones HERE!
2. Remove Unwanted Hair
Excessive hair growth in some areas of the body can be a sign of hormonal imbalance. To treat this problem, removing the unwanted hair through laser treatments or electrolysis is recommended. If not, go for a hair removal cream or waxing because removing unwanted hair will help the hormones balance.
3. Exercise Regularly
Regular physical exercise can help balance the hormones and reduce stress levels. Exercise also helps to boost fertility by improving blood circulation and oxygen delivery to the reproductive organs. Some studies show that intense exercises like squats, push ups, and pull ups work best. However, if you don’t find them suitable, you can do simple exercises such as walking, jogging, swimming, and yoga to regulate your hormones.
4. Increase Vaginal Comfort
Some females might experience vaginal dryness, itching, and burning during intercourse. This can be due to low levels of estrogen in the body. To increase comfort and lubrication, vaginal moisturizers can be used.
5. Use Natural Supplements
Natural supplements can be taken to help regulate hormones in the body. There are different supplements available that are considered beneficial for hormonal balance. To help you find the best supplement to treat hormonal imbalance, here we have got a couple of options to consider:
- Sheep Placenta Capsules: Sheep Placenta Capsules or Sheep Placenta Complex is a natural remedy derived from the placental tissue of sheep. These capsules are rich in Vitamin E and come with added benefits of Grapeseed Extract, offering a high-quality modern take on ancient vitality-boosting ingredients. Used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years, Sheep Placenta Capsules may help to treat hormonal imbalance and can be beneficial in helping couples struggling to get pregnant.
- Maxi Omega-3 Krill Capsules: The Maxi Omega-3 Krill Capsules could be another great option for treating hormonal imbalance, as they contain pure and undiluted red krill oil (100% pure red krill oil). It is a hormone-free natural supplement rich in antioxidants, which can help balance moods and improve energy levels. Other than red krill oil, the supplement contains fatty acids such as omega-3s, and antioxidants like astaxanthin and choline. These natural ingredients are beneficial in reducing stress levels and inflammation and relieving menstrual cramps and other muscular pains.
Visit NutriNZ to see and order other natural supplements and enjoy a healthy lifestyle!
6. Go for a Treatment
If all of the above steps don’t help to treat hormonal imbalance, then it is recommended to see a fertility specialist and go for medical treatments. Hormone therapy is the most common form of treatment for hormonal imbalance. Hormone therapy helps to regulate the production and release of hormones in the body, thus helping to achieve pregnancy.
Other than hormone therapy, there are other treatments like acupuncture, yoga and herbal remedies that help treat hormonal imbalance.
So, these are the 6 ways to treat hormonal imbalance and get pregnant. Following these steps may help you in achieving your desired goal of becoming a mother.
Hormonal imbalance is not something that has no cure. Also, it should not be considered as a matter or shame or embarrassment because it can be treated with the right methods and help you reach your desired goal of motherhood.
Today, we shared the best ways to help you treat hormonal imbalance so you can get pregnant. Just stay optimistic, think positive, and keep in mind that you can have a child!